The Scott Aerator Slinger De-Icer can be suspended from a boat, pilings or dock by using nylon ropes (included) to fasten. This de-icer removes and prevents ice by bringing warmer water from the bottom and sending it out in a continuous agitated movement. It easily adjusts to compensate for varying water levels, and its heavy-duty design holds up in fresh and salt waters. Made for use in hard-to-reach areas and rapidly changing conditions, it’s an economical solution to preventing ice formation in large marinas and dock areas.
- The De-Icer is oil-free. Other de-icers require oil to be added and changed frequently. Oil-filled motors can allow disastrous oil leaks, and they run slowly in cold water. Our De-Icer is engineered for all water temperatures.
- The De-Icer runs at 3,450 rpm. Competitive de-icers, even those with 1-hp motors, run at fewer than 2,000 rpm. This means the Scott Aerator De-Icer moves 400 gallons per minute compared to the competitors’ 180 gallons per minute.
- The De-Icer is manufactured using American-made stainless steel, even the motor. The competition utilizes galvanized metal.
- The De-Icer comes standard with an unconditional, 5-year motor warranty. Competitve models warrant their de-icers for just two years.
- GFCI required. Please disconnect power when swimmers are present. Greater cord lengths are available.